Hints to Remember
Prime Minister Sri Narendra Modi
has launched Unified Payments Interface (UPI) based mobile payment app called ‘BHIM’
published on 31st
Prime Minister Sri Narendra Modi has recently has launched Unified Payments Interface (UPI) based mobile payment app called ‘BHIM’.
The app is rebranded version of UPI (Unified Payment Interface) and USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) for simpler digital payments without cash.
1. BHIM is Aadhaar-based payments app developed by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI).
2. The app allows easily transferring money or making a payment from your bank account using only phone number. It can work even on basic phones as it supports USSD payments.
3. It has mobile wallet facility in which money can be loaded. Using it anyone can directly connect their phone to bank account like a debit card.
4. The app also allows user to scan a QR code. The merchant can also generate his QR code through the app. Payment can be done through scanning QR code.
5. Merchants can also use the BHIM app to receive money from a smartphone or Aadhaar Pay if customer has linked a bank account and Aadhaar ID.
6. Payments through this app are happening directly from and to bank accounts, so merchants don’t have to worry about transferring wallet earnings to the bank account.
7. All major UPI connected Indian banks accepts money through BHIM app. Even banks not connected to UPI can receive money through BHIM through IFSC assigned to banks.
For the complete information kindly visit given link: