Hints to Remember
constituted a committee headed by Chandrababu Naidu
to promote digital economy in India
published on 30th
The Union Government has recently constituted a 13 member Committee of Chief Ministers headed by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu to promote digital payment systems to promote transparency, financial inclusion and also prepare a roadmap in this regard.
Apart from Mr. Naidu, Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik, M.P. CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Sikkim CM Pawan Kumar Chamling, Puducherry CM V. Narayanasamy, Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis are also members of the committee along with NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman Arvind Panagariya and Amitabh Kant CEO, NITI Aayog.
UIDAI former Chairman Nandan Nilekani, Boston Consulting Group Chairman Janmejaya Sinha, netCORE Managing Director Rajesh Jain, iSPIRIT Co-founder Sharad Sharma and IIM (Ahmedabad) Professor (Finance) Jayant Varma are special invitees.
Terms of Reference of the Committee:
1. The Committee will identify the best global practices for implementing an economy primarily based on digital payment.
2. It will identify and outline measures for rapid expansion and adoption of the system of digital payments like cards (Debit, Credit and pre-paid), Digital-wallets, internet banking, Unified Payments Interface (UPI), banking apps, etc.
3. It will develop an action plan to reach out to the public at large with the objective to create awareness and help them understand the benefits of switching over to digital economy.
4. It will prepare a roadmap for the administrative machineries in the States to facilitate adoption of digital modes of financial transactions.
5. It will identify and address problems and indicate solutions pertaining to adoption of the steps required to move towards a digital economy.
6. It will associate with the key stakeholders for implementation of the suggested steps.
7. It will examine and address any other associated issues which are not specifically mentioned and will devise its own procedures for conducting business, meetings or even constitution of sub-groups.
For the complete information kindly visit given link: